Zygomatic Implants: The Piezoelectric Approach - Advanced Techniques in Maxillary Implantology - CADAVER LAB
- Multiple Courses Offered
Cadaver Lab - Zygomatic Implants: the piezoelectric approach -Advanced Techniques in Maxillary Implantology
Presenter: Dr. Andrea Tedesco, Oral Surgeon - Italy
Course Dates: September 27th - 28th, 2024 (Friday - Saturday)
Course Times: 9:00am - 6:00pm (Daily)
Course Location: BDG Think Tank - 2101 S. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89146
16 CE Units provided to clinicians upon completion of the course
- Must be a licensed dental professional
- Please bring loupes
Surgical Instruments and PPE for the hands-on portion of the course will be provided, but you may bring your own if you prefer.
Food and Beverages:
- Breakfast, Lunch, snacks and beverages included with registration
- Please notify course provider if you have dietary restrictions or preferences
- Registered participants will receive a discount code to utilize our corporate rate at select hotels near the educational facility.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of nasal, zygomatic, and pterygoid implants as alternatives to regenerative surgery.
- Understand the clinical indications for these advanced implant techniques.
- Learn the Zygomatic Minimally Invasive Technique using piezoelectric dedicated inserts.
- Develop skills for surgical planning and patient selection.
- Master immediate loading protocols and enhance patient comfort.
- Gain hands-on experience through cadaver-based surgical exercises.
- Address surgical challenges and develop problem-solving skills.
- Analyze real-life case studies and discuss outcomes.
Day 1: Introduction to Nasal, Zygomatic, and Pterygoid Implants
- Understanding the concept of maxillary atrophies
- Indications for alternative implant techniques
- The Zygomatic Minimally Invasive Technique
- Exploring the benefits of minimally invasive approaches
- Overview of piezoelectric dedicated inserts
- Surgical planning and patient selection
- Surgical Procedures
- Step-by-step guide to the Zygomatic Minimally Invasive Technique
- Hands-on demonstrations and case studies
- Immediate Loading Protocols
- Principles and considerations for immediate loading
- Clinical outcomes and patient comfort
Day 2: Cadaver Lab
- Cadaver Lab Orientation
- Safety protocols and guidelines
- Hands-On Training
- Practical application of the Zygomatic Minimally Invasive Technique
- Cadaver-based surgical exercises
- Surgical Challenges and Solutions
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Strategies for successful outcomes
- Case Reviews and Discussion
- Review of surgical procedures
- Q&A with Dr. Andrea Tedesco
About the Instructor:
Meet Dr. Tedesco, a distinguished Oral Surgeon and leading expert in Zygomatic Implant Dentistry. Author of the groundbreaking book "Gli impianti zigomatici: attualita' nelle riabilitazioni implanto-protesiche dei mascellari atrofici," he has pioneered a new minimally invasive technique using zygomatic implants coupled with Piezoelectric Surgery. With over 200 successful implant surgeries to his name, Dr. Tedesco earned his Dentistry degree and specialized in Oral Surgery at the University of Florence, Italy. His international studies include clinical residencies with renowned figures such as Dr. Paulo Malo in Portugal and Prof. Chantal Malevez in Bruxelles.
Further enhancing his expertise, Dr. Tedesco obtained a Post-graduate Diploma at the Oral and Maxillofacial Department of Guy‘s and St. Thomas Hospital, London. His commitment to advancing implant-prosthetic treatments led him to complete an Oral and Maxillofacial Program in New York, USA, focusing on severe maxillary atrophy in cancer patients with zygomatic implants. A Fellow Member of the Royal Society of Medicine, London, and a member of the European Association for Osseointegration, Dr. Tedesco's outstanding contributions were recognized with a prize for the Best Presentation at The Royal Society of Medicine in London in January 2016, showcasing his expertise in "The treatment of atrophic maxilla using zygomatic implants." Currently serving as a Clinical Research Fellow at the Pisa University Teaching Hospital since 2013, Dr. Tedesco is at the forefront of treating severe jaw atrophies with zygomatic implants.
Don't miss the opportunity to learn from his wealth of knowledge at the upcoming dental CE course in Las Vegas at BDG Think Tank.